Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Celebrate International Women's Day: HALF THE SKY on the big screen

Let's go to the movies — Care is teaming with NCM Fathom to present an on-screen experience of the book Half the Sky. Watching what can not exactly be termed a trailer, I'm not sure exactly what we'll see, but book is so moving and inspiring, and I'm half in love with Michael Franti (who is one of the featured artists and musicians) that I'm sure my next post will be "Half the Sky made me cry." And I really hate to rhyme.

More information about the event at Care.org.

Half the Sky is showing at movie theaters around the nation this Thursday (March 4) at 7:30pm local time. Click here to find showtimes in your city. There's even a contest:

"Enter for a chance to win tickets to see CARE Ambassador Michael Franti in Los Angeles and other great prizes."

(And lest you forget why we love Michael Franti - here's a little cheer for your day.)


(Image provided by Care - visit care.org to learn more and help spread the word.)

No comments: