Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The right to appear ridiculous

Looking at my birthday month in a 2010 World Wildlife Fund calendar of wildlife babies (insert "awwww" here), I made a squealing sound of delight to see a polar bear cub frolicking in the snow.



Looks just like my baby, my mom said, referencing this picture she took of my last Christmas, when we got snowed in at her house.


♪♪ The right to appear ridiculous is something I hold dear ♪♪
(U2 - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight)

P.S.: Sign a petition here to to the Interior Department – and let them know that our polar bears are more valuable than having one more place to drill.  (Deadline is Monday, Dec. 28)

"Rising temperatures are robbing polar bears of vital habitat and melting the sea ice they use for hunting and raising their cubs. In response, the Interior Department has announced a proposal to designate more than 200,000 square miles of critical habitat for these struggling bears – including the vital coastal plain of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge."

2 comments:

Shokoofeh said...

Merry Christmas! :-)

Rebecca Snavely said...

Thanks Shokoofeh! Looking forward to seeing more of your creativity in the new year!