Saturday, December 19, 2009

Long-lost friends

"Tell me, what has come clear to you since we last met?"

That's the question Wordsworth used to greet long-lost friends. It seems a good starter for good, deep conversations over coffee or wine. Perhaps friends and family in Oregon are not exactly long-lost, but I only get to see them once or twice a year, so in my life, they fit the description.  Looking forward to catching up, sharing stories of the year and dreams for the new one just weeks away.


(High school friends who have stood the test of time and many inside jokes.)


(My sister and her hubby Robert)

3 comments:

Amanda {Mocking Bird} said...

I am a long way from my family and friends and that quote has really struck me.
I think I will have to use it when I got home to them.

Khulud Khamis said...

I miss my extended maternal family so much! They're all in Europe, and I'm here in Haifa... We're only going to be four on Christmas eve, my parents, my daughter and me. (my partner is working abroad, away for 6 months, and our 2 dogs are not allowed at my parents house).
p.s. check out The Art of Recycling" I posted some pictures especially for you!
And I wish you happy holidays!!!
Hugs, khulud

Rebecca Snavely said...

Amanda - Thanks for the comment - hope you have lovely holidays with great conversations to create new memories.

Khulud - I loved the art of recycling post! Thanks for sharing those. It's hard to have family so far away during the holidays. Hope you have a lovely time with those close by and get to connect with your long-lost loved ones soon. Hugs from rainy Portland, Oregon.