Thursday, October 22, 2009

To watch: The Botany of Desire

The PBS special (October 28, 8pm) is based on the book by Michael Pollan, whose role in in the documentary "Food, Inc." helped change my perspective on food and my own eating habits, enhancing my respect for the earth and our place in/on it.

I've yet to read any of Pollan's books, but I've heard rave reviews for "The Omnivore's Dilemma."

Go to the PBS site to see a preview, videos and images of desire: sweetness, beauty, intoxication and control.



Thanks to the blog Living the Local Life for the heads up!

Are you going to watch? Go to PBS to check your local listings.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Oh thanks for stopping by my blog! Yes, Omnivore's Dilemma is "the" book to read! :) Can't wait to see the PBS special either...

Take care,
Virginia