Thursday, October 22, 2009

Halloween decor - love it or hate it?

People take Halloween very seriously in my neighborhood. We live just blocks from the West Hollywood Halloween Costume Carnaval - a mad house of street closures, parades, concerts and costumes. This year, with Halloween on a Saturday, they expect approximately 1/2 million people. I plan to be far, far away, having almost been crushed in the crowd the last time I ventured to the fest.

Every year on Oct. 1, like clockwork, this house in my hood has their Halloween decor up and lit.

What do you think?



Too much?

2 comments:

Des said...

I like it. It's Halloween so I think you're supposed to put up decorations and have fun.

aurelia said...

I personally don't understand Halloween decorations. Decorating your house with gruesome headless figures, monsters, gravestones, larger than life spiders and other scary stuff doesn't make much sense to me. I can do carved pumpkins, but that's about it.