Saturday, October 24, 2009

Etsy and Regretsy favorite finds

I love Regretsy, the hysterical site that scours Etsy for items that fit with Regretsy's tagline "Handmade? It looks like you made it with your feet." Like Awkward Family Photos, Regretsy's captions make the item more tragically comic than it already is.



"If I had to wear a barbie doll and 2 pounds of broken jewelry on my head, I wouldn’t be happy either. But for God’s sake, at least try to smile. This looks like a hostage photo at the Mattel plant." (Regretsy)

But I maintain my undying devotion to Etsy, especially for their daily emails that often feature the odd above the buy-able, but almost always have at least one great find. Here's a sneak peek at the ones I've added to my favorites.


Though I hope I would look far happier in this Orion blazer.


Vintage Leather and Suede DINGO Riding Boots.



Fiddle Leaf Wrist Wrap Cuff - Vintage Brass and Sterling




And this 1950's Tiny Green Suitcase, which reminds me of the little blue makeup case my Granny Mai used. When she died, I filled it with photos and letters, and get a small reminder of her whenever I look through it. Definitely not for sale.

2 comments:

Ayesha said...

I landed here by accident, but i simply couldn’t resist to let u know i found those boots and that fiddle leaf thingy exquisite and precious.

Rebecca Snavely said...

Glad you landed here, thanks for leaving a note!