Saturday, September 26, 2009

Improv Everywhere and sing-a-longs

This is how I want to live life - bursting into song and dance as if all of life were a musical. Or slow-shopping at Best Buy. Or high-fiving everyone as they exit the subway. It seems a fun way to shake people out of their routines and remind them we live in community (or could if we paid attention).

The closest I've come so far will be tonight at the Sound of Music Sing-A-Long at the Hollywood Bowl, where everyone is in on the fun, so there's no surprised, confused onlookers.

If you haven't seen Improv Everywhere's hilarious missions - check out the videos on their site. A few of my favorites are: Synchronized Swimming (would you believe these people are in the Olympic trials? In a fountain in NYC?), the High Five Escalator (warms the cockles of my heart), and the Food Court Musical.



I'm off to Trader Joes to pack my picnic basket and then meeting up with my friends, the other notes in our homage to the song "Do, Re, Mi."

No comments: