Tuesday, August 21, 2007

beauty

There are little moments of beauty every day. My neighbor who plays the violin on Saturday mornings, aching heartbreakingly beautiful music that drowns out the sound of the crazy parrot a floor below who screeches like an abused child. A glass chilled all day in my freezer waiting for me to come home, clasp it in my warm sweaty hand and pour into it pink lemonade. Wearing my favorite ‘fall’ boots to work even though it’s August and 98 degrees. Life is too short to abide by rules of fashion. Wear white after Labor Day if you feel like it. It’s beautiful.

4 comments:

Diane Davis said...

Becky... I've been lurking for a while and love what I'm reading. I found you from Jen's blog, linked to JJs, linked to you. I'll keep checking in... it's good to read your thoughts and to think of you again. :)

Diane

Brazenlilly said...

Hey Rebecca! I've been a blog hopper too, and love checking in with you. I thought of you today when I heard of the passing of Madeleine L'Engle. You are the one who turned me on to her in college, and The Small Rain and Severed Wasp are still two of my favorite books. Hope you are doing well! We're anxious to watch and cheer for MissGuided.
-Jenbunch

Diane Davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane Davis said...

sorry... i deleted that post because it had about 5 typos in it. Just checking in again because I really enjoy reading your writings. So it's time to post again. :) Hope you are well.

Diane