Thursday, December 07, 2006

That's no coconut


The pilot light on my heater is out, and my room, though bright with the beautiful winter sunlight of Los Angeles, keeps the cold from the night. A weak explanation as to why I'm sitting with furry boots on and a space heater aimed at my feet in sunny So Cal. Mostly, I cannot stand to be cold, and even 64 degrees feels bone-chilling.

Which is why I am consistently shocked when I look back over the pictures of where I was at this time last year. Here are pictures of the first snowfall in Mitrovica -- when I joined the kids in a snowball fight. They quickly realized they had a helpless adult with no aim, and ganged up on me, eventually chasing me into the nearest cafe.

If you watched the last episode of "Studio 60," you'll remember they used coconut shavings to make fake snow. Beautiful, but from where I stood taking these shots, there were no coconuts to be seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who ever came up with the coconut snow idea was insane and those members who agreed to the said idea have all gone coco"NUTZ"! That would have been so messy and nasty as it quickly rots. Also downright dangerous to be walking on due to the high oil content.